Tāłtān Language Quick Links
Below you will find links to Tāłtān language learning related resources.
- Order the Tahltan Alphabet Book online from Theytus
- Dennis, O, Sr. and Dennis J. (2015). The Tahltan pronoun (iBook available on iTunes).
- Dennis, O, Sr. and Dennis J. (2015). De’eda Es-li’e Tedegēt (iBook available on iTunes).
- videos by Michael Bourquin
- App – coming soon!
- Anki – flash cards to create your own language learning flash cards on your device
Tahltan Language resources (written in or about Tāłtān, the language)
- Tahltan Children’s Dictionary
- Tahltan Basic Conversation Lessons
- University theses on Tahltan
- Other academic articles on Tāłtān
- Alderete et al. (2018) Series shifts and mergers in the obstruent phonology of Tahltan (Northern Athabaskan)
- Alderete, John and Tad McIlwraith. 2008. An annotated bibliography of Tahltan language materials. In the Northwest Journal of Linguistics 2: 1-26
- Alderete, John and Judy Thompson. 2008. James Teit census annotations Canadian Museum of Civilization, Archives, Ethnology, VI-O-2M, box 173, file 3
- Alderete, John and Tanya Bob. 2005. A corpus-based approach to Tahltan stress. In Sharon Hargus & Keren Rice (eds.), Athabaskan prosody, pp. 369-391. Amsterdam: John Benjamins
- Hardwick, Margret F. (1984). Tahltan consonant harmony. Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle, 4(2), 101-112.
Tahltan Cultural resources (written in English, may contain some information about the language)
- Tahltan Native Studies
- Jan Krueger
Note: suggestions must be for resources that can be shared publicly, and be related to Tahltan language and culture.