Tāłtān Language Quick Links
Below you will find links to Tāłtān language learning related resources.
- Order the Tahltan Alphabet Book online from Theytus
- Dennis, O, Sr. and Dennis J. (2015). The Tahltan pronoun (iBook available on iTunes).
- Dennis, O, Sr. and Dennis J. (2015). De’eda Es-li’e Tedegēt (iBook available on iTunes).
- videos by Michael Bourquin
- App – coming soon!
- Anki – flash cards to create your own language learning flash cards on your device
The resources below that have (GD) after are downloadable from GoogleDrive. If you’ve never downloaded from Drive before, please go here to learn how to download.
Tahltan Language resources (written in or about Tāłtān, the language)
- Tahltan Children’s Dictionary (GD)
- Tahltan Basic Conversation Lessons (GD)
- University theses on Tahltan
- Other academic articles on Tāłtān
- Alderete et al. (2018) Series shifts and mergers in the obstruent phonology of Tahltan (Northern Athabaskan)
- Alderete, John and Tad McIlwraith. 2008. An annotated bibliography of Tahltan language materials. In the Northwest Journal of Linguistics 2: 1-26
- Alderete, John and Judy Thompson. 2008. James Teit census annotations Canadian Museum of Civilization, Archives, Ethnology, VI-O-2M, box 173, file 3
- Alderete, John and Tanya Bob. 2005. A corpus-based approach to Tahltan stress. In Sharon Hargus & Keren Rice (eds.), Athabaskan prosody, pp. 369-391. Amsterdam: John Benjamins
- Hardwick, Margret F. (1984). Tahltan consonant harmony. Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle, 4(2), 101-112.
Tahltan Cultural resources (written in English, may contain some information about the language)
- Tahltan Native Studies
- Jan Krueger
Please contact email@example.com if you have something you’d like to see added to this list!
Note: suggestions must be for resources that can be shared publicly, and be related to Tahltan language and culture.